Thursday, March 19, 2015

Angelic Honor Guard

In 2010 to 2011 when I was in the religious life I experienced something in our house chapel that I don’t think I have shared up here, nor have I told it to many people.  One day in October of 2010 I came home from the Seminary, and anytime I came into the house, the first place that I visited was the chapel and Our Lord.  That particular day, I remember it was overcast, I left my book bag at the door and I walked up to my assigned pew in the front row on the far right side.  I sat down in the darkness and told God how my day had gone at the Seminary.  If I remember correctly, it had been rough day.  There was a professor/Priest at the Seminary who went out of his way to make my life difficult, doing whatever he could to get me to quit.  He told me one day after class that he was going to drive me out of the Seminary if he could and everyday I had to endure his wrath.  Anyways.. so I was sitting in that pew praying and thanking God when I noticed something.  I was looking up at the tabernacle behind the altar and I thought I saw the top of a person’s head bobbing back and forth behind the altar and directly in front of the tabernacle.  I didn’t know what to think of it, so I got up and walked around the altar and saw nothing.  I went back to my pew and sat back down. Immediately I saw it again, the hair was brown and I saw about 2-3 inches of the head above the top of the altar.  I quickly got up and tip toed around the altar and again.. nothing was there.  I was baffled and went and sat down again.  A few moments passed and as I looked down at my breviary I heard what seemed like a shuffle, I looked back up and there was the head again going back and forth in front of the tabernacle.  At that.. I got up and left.  Several times through the rest of the year.. I saw the same thing.  I thought then as I still believe today.. it must have been an angel, in the form of a child keeping guard in front of the tabernacle.  And what happened to that Priest/Professor?  Divine Justice was served at the end of my year in the Seminary.  God rewards the just and punishes the cruel.

The post Angelic Honor Guard appeared first on A Heart for God.

http://monk2be.com

No comments: