Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Strange Night

8 months ago I had an idea pop into my head.  I felt an inspiration to build a Purgatory website.  As I thought about it, I began to plan how I’d build it and what it would be like, how it would work, ect.  I had to put the site on a side burner while I discerned a vocation with a Diocese.  After my discernment period for this particular diocese came to a close (for the time being), I had a renewed interest to build the site.  Last weekend I began to visualize the design and the inner workings of the website.  Two days ago, I got hit with what felt like ‘Gold Fever’ and I began working madly on the site, spending every waking hour hammering away on it’s creation, like a mad artist flinging bits of paint in every direction attempting to create the image in the minds eye to perfection.  Ok. I had to dramatize that a bit! =)

Last evening I found myself working madly into the night and unfortunately I didn’t find myself going to bed on time.  As I prepared for bed I said my normal barrage of prayers, novenas, and parts of the rosary.   I applied my evening holy water routine which would give a fire station a run for their money.  I crawled into bed and went to sleep.  I was woken up a short time later with a strange feeling.  I can’t explain what it felt like other than to say that I felt completely remorseful for every sin I have ever committed and then that is when it happened, all of the sudden a review of my life happened.  I saw myself as a small child and I went through every single sin that I could remember that I had committed.  I felt an overwhelming sadness at each time that I had offended God and I wept bitterly.  I asked God for forgiveness and I decided right then and there that I was going to have a general confession with a Priest as soon as I could.  There are many things that I saw that I haven’t ever confessed;  that is terrible to say, but for some reason as a kid or teenager, I either didn’t think it was a sin or I intentionally didn’t confess them.  After that sadness passed I went back to sleep.  I woke up to hear the grandfather clock in the hall tolling 3am and that’s when an entirely different feeling assaulted me.  I quickly said the St. Michael the Archangel prayer, asked my guardian angel to come to my assistance and after that a calming feeling passed over and I dozed back off to sleep.

After dinner last night I told Mom that I realized after taking on a project such as this (purgatory site), that I knew I was going to be getting attacked more spiritually.  I’d better put on my armor of God ASAP and prepare myself for battle.  One great thing has already come from this, I’m going to set up that appointment with a Priest this week, I’d like to go through this before my birthday next week.. I’m turning the hallowed 33.  I can’t believe I’m almost 33, time has truly flown and it seems that life is only going that much faster.

I almost forgot, the purgatory site is still in development, so please do not attempt to submit any (souls) into the site just yet.  I have a few bugs that I am working out right now with a developer.  I hope to have the site live and working by this weekend and then I will post a live url for it so people can begin to submit their loved ones to be prayed for and they can choose a soul to adopt for a week.  Here is the site:  http://ift.tt/Vn9tDV

God Bless,

Michael

The post A Strange Night appeared first on Of Saints & Sinners.

http://monk2be.com

No comments: