Saturday, January 17, 2009

The 5 Day Mass Challenge

So I know that I am a total slacker sometimes and have never been a daily mass person, most mornings I am quite content to lie in my nice warm bed and sleep. However last Sunday I was speaking with Mom and mentioned that I was going to attend mass sometime during the week. She was extremely skeptical and told me that there was no way that I was going to have the self will to make it one day, so I in turn told her I could do it for 5 days straight. I know, I know.. that is really quite sad that we even had to have this discussion. I won the challenge and got Grace as my prize, not only did I do 5 days, I even went today on saturday. What can I say? I am a saint! =D

I can tell you from my 5 daily masses, I recieved some really awesome graces. I will now be going all next week and hopefully attend daily mass from here on out. It is quite beautiful to see the changes we can have in our lives just by going to mass. It was well worth it and I think God had this planned in order to prepare me for some shocking but good news today. I got a major wakeup call from God/Life today and really feel that he is telling me it is time to move on with my life and follow him.

No comments: